CCW fingerprinting - national database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USGuns

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's a national computerized fingerprints database. Do the states that issue CCW permits put those fingerprints into the national database? Or only those of people who were actually 'convicted' of a crime?
If I had a CCW and my prints were in the national fingerprints database, I'd be concerned that my prints might incorrectly come up as a possible match for a crime prints search and then have to deal with proving my innocence. It probably would be just a matter of giving another set of prints to prove your innocence, but we're dealing with government bureaucracy here ... :mad:... and what a hassle!

I wasn't fingerprinted as part of my CCW process. I do wonder why states feel this is a necessary detail. Maybe they use it as part of the background check.

Now if you want to worry about something,consider this. At birth,they take EVERYONES footprints and keep it on file! Makes you wonder....

Just kidding :);):)

You know, I'm not certain.

I've been fingerprinted probably half a dozen times over the past 10 years for jobs and security clearances and my first CCW in Virginia (when I got my renewal they dropped that requirement).

I'd suspect that my fingerprints were in AFIS (Automated Fingerprint Identification System?) before I got my first CCW, but I just don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back