CCW Belt

Because 'Merica

Looking for a CCW belt for a good price. Dont really want to spend more than my holster in value. (which is an Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0) $35. The belts I have been looking at are Desantis Econobelt $25, Hanks Amish CCW Belt $35.
Blackhawk 1.5 Instructor nylon belt $35. The Wilderness Frequent Flyer belt. $35.

If anyone has any experience with these belts or has another reccomendation please speak up. I dont want to go through 2-3 belts to find the right one for me. The gun i will be carrying is a Glock 26 and Glock 19. Would also like for it to be able to support my cz 75 during range time. Thanks.

The one I'm wearing now is a very good belt but breaks your budget limit. It's a Bullbelt.
A good belt is the single most important factor in successful carry.
Don't scrmp.

For the $$ it is hard to beat a Wilderness Belt if you don't mind it not being leather. There are going to be no high quality leather belts in your price range. IMHO If it were me I would get a quick ship belt from Beltman. It is more than your budget but will last longer and be a more stable foundation.

Last edited:
I use a 5.11 Tactical Double Duty TDU Belt. Reversible color and plastic buckle. Double sided so it is stiff and supports a handgun. It takes a bit to get it really tight, but once tight it does stay secure.

As stated by Spatts.....about a month ago, I repaced a Carhart...that I thought was stiff.....with a Aker B21. The difference is night n day! My
IWB is more comfortable.A little over you goal in price
Dan
;)

And not to ask a dumb question, but why do you care if your belt costs more than your holster, the belt might have more raw materials and work involved in it after all.

I just wear my regular, everyday belt. I don't even know what brand it is, got it at JC Penny I think. I honestly don't know what benefit there is to a special carry belt

I just wear my regular, everyday belt. I don't even know what brand it is, got it at JC Penny I think. I honestly don't know what benefit there is to a special carry belt

You don't have a gun belt so you don't understand, try one, you'll get it right away. It's night and day difference compared to a regular "keep your pants up" belt for CCW.

If you are a work with your hands kinda guy then your every day belt is like mine........ inch and a half wide says Craftsman on it cost ten bucks. Has worked just fine for IWB for fifteen years and I sometimes carry a walker IWB.

Why? My "keep my pants up belt" works fine. If I don't have any problems, why would I buy another belt?

A bicycle with no seat "works fine" too, but it "works better" after you buy a seat.

If you don't want to spend the money, then don't. I've carried without one(a designed for the purpose gun belt), I've carried with one. It wasn't awful, or even bad, carrying without one. But it sure is nicer carrying with one.

I've got a DeSantis econobelt. Picked it up for less than 20 bucks from Midway USA. Good and thick; I like that the buckle is black also ( don't care too much for shiny stuff )

Take a look at a "Dickies Work Belt" , nothing fancy but 1.5" wide solid leather, 1/8" thick with riveted buckle made to support heavy items on it. Found one for $13 in Ross. Works extremely well.

I just use a good stiff work belt, the one I have now has a double pin buckle on it, works like a champ. Occasionally I use an Army "Rigger" belt, they work very well also, I mainly use that when hunting or carrying a revolver on the farm, if I take a leak on a tree or my pickup tire (yeah that happens out here in the sticks, get over it) I can Velcro the open end back so my holster doesn't yank the belt out of the loops.

I use 2 gun belts. I have a galco carry lite (I think?) and a hanks Amish. Both are nice. The hanks is much thicker and harder feeling. The galco is s bit softer and more comfortable.

Back