CCW & Banks

What state? It matters. The only places off limits here in New Hampshire are courts and whatever Federal law covers.

Also I heard that Banks are federally insured......... & this could possibly fall into the prohibited category........

Please... please... please... banks are private property (including "Federal" Cedit Unions). FDIC insurance is irrelevent. State laws rule. For example, "financial institutions" are prohibited in NC, but not in SC unless properly posted. A list of prohibited places should be included in the CWP classroom material.

Howard

It's not mentioned anywhere in Alabama state law that I've been able to find, and believe me I've looked. Quick and easy was to find out for sure is to ask a LEO. They tend to know these things and if they don't can usually point you in the right direction to find out.

If it's "concealed" it shouldn't make any difference what the "law" says. I've carried into banks, hospitals, DMV offices, etc., dozens of times and no one even knew. If there's a metal detector at the door it might be wise to change your mind about going in but otherwise....
OTOH, I once carried my knife into a Social Security office and was asked to go back and leave it in my car. It too was concealed but the guard knew about it because there was a "concealed" metal detector in the entrance.

Quick and easy was to find out for sure is to ask a LEO.

Boy, we could argue about that statement all day long!

Very simple. Check your state's list of prohibited places then, if your state provides for such, see if the specific bank has posted signs prohibiting carry in their bank.

Back