CCI percussion caps

I have seen them all the way up to $7.99...various online vendors list them in the $5.99 range but do not have them. The $3.00 and under days is gone :(

6.00 is about right around here, IF you can find them.

8.00? Those are in stock every day.

Glad you found some.
I got lucky and traded 1000 Rem. 7 1/2s (available everywhere) for 600 Rem No.11s and 500 RWS caps.

Now, if I can only find musket caps that don't cost more than a box of 9mm factory ammo!!

JT

Availability ???

In our immediate area, they run higher than $5.49. A big problem that some stores have stopped supporting M/L supplies and we have to go to the major store. I too use to buy them at some local hardware stores and even my barber shop. Not anymore. ..... :mad:

Be Safe !!!

Just bought some Remington #10's for $5.00.

I felt robbed, but glad to get them. :)

Wish they weren't all "slabbed" in plastic though. :mad:

make your own, fun and very cheap! Did I mention it was cheap? Become self sufficient and never be a slave to market conditions again!.:D
In fact, I know someone making a cap maker over on castboolits right now!:cool:

saw 8 tins of #11's at a gun show last weekend here in central Texas for $14.oo!!!!
The tins also looked like they had been in someones garage for years...

I doubt you'll see a store bought musket cap maker. What could a person use for its priming charge. Toy caps. Not hardly.
But it will be amusing to see what some other would come up with for the purpose.

Can do and can get hurt !!!

I doubt you'll see a store bought musket cap maker.
Back in my "BuckSkinner" days, I made a Tap-O-Cap for the #11's and not as pretty as store bought but they worked fine. I really see no reason why one could not be made for musket caps. As far as priming material, I'd start out with roll-caps although they are getting harder to find and the material has changed. I have used material in those kid's sidewalk poppers. They are hotter and I know they would work. !!! ... ;)

One hard lesson I have learned, is that you can get burnt/hurt fooling around with this stuff. .... :rolleyes:

Take care and;
Be Safe !!!

None of my local gun shops has caps, I paid $7.99 per bubble pack of Remington #10 at Cabela's last week. I only got three tins since that will last me a while.

Donald

Back