CC suppressor?

krisdontmiss

Inactive
Hey guys, I am the new guy here and have a quick question I am hoping someone here can assist me with. I was at work about a month ago and saw someone come in with a CanCorp suppressor on a sbr 10.5'' ar-15. Typically the performance of a suppressor on sbr's I usually see are nothing to get excited about. But after seeing this one up close and the owner was nice enough to let us shoot it on the range I was floored. It was titanium, take apart, very light, and quiet as hell. Since the owner was a federal guy he didnt have a source for who supplied them. Does anyone here know? Or if someone here is a dealer for them let me know. I am ready to purchase. Thanks for your time. I look forward to meeting some of the members here. Lots of good info here also.

Kris

I have a pic that the owner emailed me to show it off. I think its off one of their info brochures or something.

Attachments

• hotcan.jpg
    hotcan.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 210
First off you have to live where silencers are legal, and know that you can get the local CLEO signoff from your police.

Since Can Corp is in VA if you are not a VA resident you will have to find a NFA dealer in your state of residence, and have them order one.

I have no use for titanium or take apart centerfire silencers. Not sturdy enough for my needs.

Since the owner was a federal guy he didnt have a source for who supplied them. Does anyone here know?

BTW: All recent firearms, including silencers, must have the name and city/state of the manufacturer engraved into them. It only takes about 5 minutes to grab this info, go to ATF website, download a list of FFLs in that state, and search for the business. The ATF info also includes: street & mailing address and phone number. It has to be accurate, else the FFL could lose their license.

When they compare strength of titanium to steel their claims are by weight, not by thickness.

titanium is light like aluminum and stronger per weight than steel, but not nearly as strong by size as steel. It has poor wear characteristics, but that's ok cause silencer parts do not move, but it gets eaten by hot abusive gas and grit which muzzle blast is full of.

I would use TI on a bolt action gun if weight was important if it had a stainless or inconel blast baffle, I would never use one in rifle caliber on hard use semi auto or machinegun.

Surf the web, find anyone that buys and uses and thinks the silencer you have seen is the way to go.

Your mind is made up so less talky and more spendy.

This thread has struck me as a halfway advertisement for these cans with Krissdontmiss as the spokesman.

I will reserve my judgment till I see and independent tester report db reduction.

I wish I was a spokesperson for this company. Then I wouldnt have to deal with a lot of red tape to get some info. If there is anyone else here that has seen this post and would like more info on these products. The rep and owner of this company are a member of the LWRCI forums. Seems to me like theres a lot of satisfied customers there and their suppressors have gotten great reviews.
Thats about all I have left to say as I started this post to simply get info.

Later

I looked through the LWRC forums you suggested and did not find one post from a can corp silencer owner, only info-mercials from the manuf. himself.

People do not respond well to hype marketing.

He should hook up with silencertalk.com they will set him up a manuf discussion section where he can pimp his products and get some user reports to the public that buy silencers.

Also a demo unit for independent DB reduction testing with silencerresearch.com would be in order if he wants any public support for a new product.

The rep and owner of this company are a member of the LWRCI forums.

LWRC has their own forums? :barf:

I guess LWRC finally figured out how to get a forum where the staff won't lock all of their SHILL and Astroturfing accounts, and their lies can go unchecked. :rolleyes:

Back