CC for Colt Pony

MugsyMalone

Inactive
I am awaiting delivery of a Colt Pony. I would like any recommendations on a IWB holster that will hide well. I would like something that will allow me to tuck in my shirt, similar to the "pager pal" but without the pager. Also does anyone have a good recommendation for a pocket holster for this gun.

I used a Desantis pocket holster for my Pony and I was really happy with it.
I bought a Grahams Custom 'Twin Peaks' pocket holster for my Keltec P-32...it is the best pocket holster I've ever had. If he makes it for the Pony, that would be my first choice. He's a sponsor on Glocktalk(or used to be)

I am sorry that I don't recall the specific model, but Galco has an IWB holster that will allow you to tuck in your shirt over your gun. I have one for my Pony, but the lettering is worn/mashed away. It is a little bulky, but conceals great and the gun stays secure. The gun rides with the butt just above the top of your trousers with the shirt over it. You simply yank up your shirt and grab the gun. There is no pop-up procedure such as you would need with the pager pal. Check out Galco's site for more information.

As I learned the hard way, if you do wear your shirt over the gun, but sure to have on an undershirt to keep the metal parts of your gun from contacting your skin and sweat. The grip screw and mag release will rust.

Mugsy,

I would suggest "Thunderwear". Your pistol is small enough that it won't kill ya to wear it in that area. I would not reccommend the pager pal. I used one with a G27 and I called it my "PAIN PAL". It squeaked, hurt, the pager gouged me, and well..its not fun putting a G27 in your pants that way.

Another suggestion is the Kramer Confidant T shirt. They are great if you get the right size. Trust me..you want slightly tighter than normal, otherwise you will feel like a midget has been hammering at your ribs the entire day.

Galco makes a great holster where you can tuck your shirt in. Depending on the fit of your shirts, your pistol should be barely noticeable.

Good SHooting
Red

Mugsy,

I have a Mustang, and found several very good holsters. As an aside I too second the comment about wearing the undershirt, I use the “athletic” type that doesn’t show as much. Also, most holsters can be made with a leather extension to protect the gun from your sweat and you from the gun’s frame.

For tucked in shirt wear the “Undercover” from Wild Bills http://www.wildbillsconcealment.com/ - now this type of tuckable was first developed by Dave Workman (I bought from Wild Bill before I found out about Dave) and is also built by Mitch Rosen – at a higher price and longer wait. There are a couple of others who build something similar. But for all the negative things said about Mitch Rosen - he is the only one that gives Dave credit for the design.

For pocket carry I have two. An Aker Express, #155 (http://www.akerleather.com/ch9.html/) and an Alessi pocket holster (http://www.rfholsters.com/). I use the Aker more frequently – it has a flat cover to break the outline and it looks like a wallet in your front pocket. Though, the Alessi draws much better.

And for general IWB I use an Alessi Talon Clip. This conceals very well and the clip is the best I have seen. It will grip the top of your pants and holds on through the draw, without a belt. However, when you put a belt on over it the clip is neatly hidden. It also comes standard with the leather extension. I find it very easy to blouse a tucked in shirt over it and no one notices it.

-- Chuck

I have the aker express also and can wear it with baggy shorts in the front pocket.
Also have the galco stealth horsehide ,same design as the workman mentioned above but with a plastic j-hook for the belt.
Havent used it,as it is unconfortable to me.

Back