CBS news & the AR

dZ

http://www.cbs.com/flat/story_178908.html

None of those dealers would consent to an interview, but CBS
News has a list of the weapons they bought from law
enforcement: 112 handguns, 194 shotguns and 20 assault
weapons, <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>including the AR-15, a weapon so deadly it can no
longer be imported or manufactured here.[/quote] That was one of the
guns sold by Jefferson County Sheriff John Stone. He told CBS
News he didn't know his department sold assault weapons.

"I think my philosophy is going to change on that and those
weapons will not be used in any kind of trade-in program," Stone
says.

But Stone defends the practice when it comes to handguns.

"Well, it's just like trading in a car or anything else except it's
guns. I have no problem with the handguns," Stone says.

Under Interactive, CBS has their usual bit of propaganda, citing their poles stating that most gun owners favor more gun control. They even claim that the vast majority of the people now believe that the 2nd does not protect the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms. This is so much B.S. it's hard to believe. Makes me sick.

------------------
Richard

The debate is not about guns,
but rather who has the ultimate power to rule,
the People or Government.
RKBA!

Did you notice this part?:

"That licensed weapons dealer in Idaho also promotes, as a "must read," a new novel in which the hero advocates the execution of police officers who enforce gun-control laws."

Unintended Consequences?

------------------
“The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals. ... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of.” -Alexander Addison, 1789

This CBS "news" article is sickening all right. It's amazing that an organization like CBS, which has enormous information-gathering resources, remains biased and ignorant. I guess that's some of the corruption that results from having too much power.

In the same CBS story, this quote,

"A handgun first owned by the New York State Police
was later used by Richard Leon Browne to murder two
store clerks in California. Browne, caught on surveillance
tape, is now on death row.
That gun, according to a report, was one of 30 used in
crimes which were traced back to New York law enforcement.
Now, all used state weapons are destroyed."

Right! And now there are no more murders in New York! Ha!

I wonder how many people have been killed while driving cars that used to belong to the state police? Maybe they should just scrap them out and take the loss. How pitifully transparent.

------------------
"A right is not what someone gives you; it's what no one can take from you." - Ramsay Clark

"Rights are liable to be perverted to wrongs when we are incapable of rightly exercising them." - Sarah Josepha Hale

All of this makes me very ill. CBS has been on my list for a long time..What garbage...I'm sending another $50.00 to the GOA and another $50.00 to the NRA....Sending $$$ to pro-gun organizations is my "calming down" pill for this kind of MALARKY.

------------------
To own firearms is to affirm that freedom and liberty are not gifts from the state.

Back