Caution..Hog hunting can be graphic....

Keg

Just some pics from old prints....I wish I had taken more pics and documented more....Anyone feel free to post their own hog pics....

Attachments

• hog3.jpg
    hog3.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 253
  • hog3a.jpg
    hog3a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 205
  • hog4.jpg
    hog4.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
more pics...

Attachments

• hog1.jpg
    hog1.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 135
  • hog1a.jpg
    hog1a.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:
still more pics...

Attachments

• hog5.jpg
    hog5.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 103
  • hog7a.jpg
    hog7a.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 87
  • hog7.jpg
    hog7.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 100
and more pics...

Attachments

• hog8.jpg
    hog8.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 106
  • hog6.jpg
    hog6.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
Those is substantial pigs you should be schooling us.
When asked why he always got the bigones, an older friend of mine used to say "I can't see the little ones, I get what I can see".

Here's one in what I call the coyote feeding station, this is the unfortunate reality of being over run with pigs....There's a limit to how many pigs you can give away...But coyotes with full bellys stay out of trouble.

note another .223 wound LOL

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMAG0134.jpg
    IMAG0134.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 1,501
Me, too. The big ones are just so much easier to shoot!

DNS..If there is one big one in the bunch..I like to neck shoot it..then go after the smaller ones.... I normally don't use bolt actions.... semi-autos or lever actions...I have one old pump 308 remington that I will never part with tho..(it's a real meat ax)

Here's one in what I call the coyote feeding station, this is the unfortunate reality of being over run with pigs....There's a limit to how many pigs you can give away...But coyotes with full bellys stay out of trouble.

Rick..A dead pig is always a good place to shoot coyotes....

Last edited:
I don't anymore..but I used to see one ever so often with white front feet or legs....Someones hampshire pig got loose....

Attachments

• hog10.jpg
    hog10.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 57
Now that's bacon!

I haven't killed any pigs year to date, I suspect that they are here now but haven't been able to get out the last couple of weeks.

I see some that still have the big white stripe, but the majority are red or black, black with tipped hairs being the most common.

Of course the occasional polky dotted.LOL

I'm jealous. :(

I want to shoot a couple meat hogs with my .54 caliber traditional muzzleloader and a round ball.

They are here in Missouri, but nowhere near where I live. MO Conservation estimates only 5k - 10k in the state - mostly down south.

Back