cast bullet book?

daleo8803

is there a recipe book for just lead bullets? i mean my manuals have lead bullets in them but not many, most of it is for jacketed. any help would be great. thanks

dale

The new Lyman 4th edition Cast Bullet Handbook is excellent. Pressure tested data with not only thier own designs, but examples from RCBS,Saeco, even Lee. A must have IMHO.

The Lyman manual is an excellent source of data !!!

Looking for anything in particular we can help with until ya get your copy ????

Yes it is, lots of stuff, BUT, it is not everything - I found not one single 7.62x39mm cast load in my copy, which may be a bit older.

thanks guys. i will add it to the list! lol atm im reloading 45 colt for hunting. i use cast bullets 99.9% of the time so a book with load data on them would really help.

dale

The RCBS book is a decent book too. Not as good as the Lyman, it dont have the pressures in it, but it still good book.

If you dont have the Lee book, it has some lead loads in it and it also has the pressures.

i have two manuals atm, modern reloading by lee 2nd edition, and speer reloading 14th edition. the speer does not have any lead in the ruger only section, and the lee only has a few using mostly acurrtie powders.

dale

I picked up the 4th edition at a sportsman's warehouse for a few bucks less but plus tax...Itsa good book much more going on than the older 3rd edition.....which I still have half of after more than 25 years.

i have two manuals atm, modern reloading by lee 2nd edition, and speer reloading 14th edition. the speer does not have any lead in the ruger only section, and the lee only has a few using mostly acurrtie powders.

If you're using Lee's second edition, go to Chapter 10, which has tons of information on cast bullets and how to properly match your bullet to your pressure. It's good reading, if only for the background.

Also, Lyman's Cast Bullet Handbook is a must-have manual for cast bullet folks. Every recipe in that book is for cast bullets.

A good and cheap site to purchase books from is Abebooks.com. I've found a lot of manuals for cheap. Just make sure your buying from an American company. If not you will experience long delivery times.

Back