Cartridge

Joao

Inactive
Hello Audo can help me how to solve a poblema in my pistol, at the time to make the firing it is separating the cartridge in the middle and inside the barrel gets stuck to the other half of the cartridge

Welcome to the board. "Joao" sounds Portugese or Brazilian. Pictures would help. Sounds to me like you have a case head separation.

Are you saying the bullet is stuck part way down the barrel, or that the empty brass casing is split in the chamber?

If I understand correctly, when you are shooting the gun, the cartridge is separating in the middle with half of it left in the gun when the empy case is extracted.

I agree with Frankenmauser. It seems likely that the wrong ammunition is being used for the gun.

Welcome home. Pull up a stump and set a spell.

What is the make of your handgun?

What markings are on the handgun?

What markings are on the ammo you are using?

Hi. We definitely need more info. What cartridge? What pistol? Exactly where on the case does it separate in two?
It could be any number of causes.

I have been seeing quite a few 9 mm cases splitting. They are the ones that have a step internally about half way down the case. That is where they split

The stepped brass came to my mind when I read the description of the problem, too. But we definitely need more information. Photos would be great.

-- Note --

Folks, there isn't much point in replying to this thread and asking the same questions. Joao is from Brasil, but he hasn't returned to TFL since the minute he asked his vague question.

So until he returns, which is looking like never, there's no need to waste your time posting.

I'll leave this open, of course, in case he does return.

Back