cartridge Box

oldknotty

Does anyone have a template for making the cardboard cartridge boxes that would fit into the tin box in the case ?? or maybe know of a place i can buy reproductions ?? I saw some on you tube that held six paper cartridges and I am fascinated by them and would love to either make my own or buy them ??
Thanks
Oldknotty

Does anyone have a template for making the cardboard cartridge boxes that would fit into the tin box in the case ?? or maybe know of a place i can buy reproductions ?? I saw some on you tube that held six paper cartridges and I am fascinated by them and would love to either make my own or buy them ??

I'm not sure what you are talking about here.

What caliber? The Model 1855 cartridge box had two tin inserts. The lower cavity held a bundle of 10 cartridges with caps, known as an "arsenal pack". The upper cavities were where the solder would unwrap the bundle and place the individual paper cartridges for quick access. The box could hold 40 cartridges total.

Here is a nice run down on cartridge boxes.

http://www.jarnaginco.com/CWFedctgbxHiRes.html

Steve

You might try Dixee Gun Works. I know they used to sell several CW cartridge boxes and I believe they also carried the tin inserts. When I make my paper cartridges I package them in 10 round brown paper packages tied with twine and with period style labels.

Back