Carry Revolver Caliber?

Which revolver caliber do carry most often?

• .22 LR

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • .22 Magnum

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • .32 S&W, Long, or Magnum

• .38 Special

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • .38 Special +P or +P+

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • .357 Magnum

Votes: 40 31.7%
  • .44 Special

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • .41 Magnum or .44 Magnum

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • .45 ACP

• .45 Colt

Votes: 4 3.2%

• Total voters
When I carry a revolver,

It's a Smith & Wesson vintage model 60 in .38 Special.

Regards,
Ala Dan, N.R.A. Life Member

Sometimes I carry the venerable S&W Mod. 36 Chief Special. I love the 'J' frame. I take it with me when I go out to the local stop and rob for my wifes cigarettes.

Normal revolver carry is a five inch 627PC. I have occassionally stuck the five inch 625-5 Classic in the holster, but really like those two extra rounds.

carry gun is ...

M-649 (not updated i.e. M-649-2, etc), 2" loaded with standard pressure .38 W-W Silvertips and two Bianchi Speed Strips or two HKS speedloaders. I carry this gun more than anything else I own.

I occasionally carry a Taurus 431 (which I bought new for $149 when the firm was phasing these out). This is a blue-steel 4" 5-shot .44 Special revolver converted by my gunsmith to DAO (like the 649). It is loaded with Blazer 200-grain gold dot HP. The gun is about the size of a 4" K-frame and carries pretty well in a fanny pack. The trigger pull will NEVER be as good as a S&W, but the gun is reliable and pleasant to shoot and the bore is awe-inspiring when viewed from the wrong end.

Taurus M85 with 158gr LSWCHP +P of the Remington variety. Although with winter coming up , the Ruger KGP-141 will see some carrying.

The gun that more-or-less lives in my purse carry compartment these days is my Rossi M720 Covert (DAO) in .44 Special.

About once a week, I tote my .45ACP 625-4 in the shop.

357 Magnum. It has to be the most versatile and practical for those of us who haven't joined the ranks of the reloaders yet.

If it's a revolver, then it's a .357 in town or a .44 mag in the hills.
In town it usually is a .45 AND a P32.
In the store it is a 9mm with a P32 in the drawer and a .45 under the counter.

I carry my inexpensive (that's denial for cheap) Charter2000 .44 Special. BTW, if you turn the survey on it's side, it looks like a bell curve.

My carry revolver where? My city gun is an automatic.

My Mountain gun is a 44 Mag, Ruger Redhawk. In a tactical thigh holster, I mean a cowboy belt Holster.:D

Back