carry gun

I have been looking at the Taurus 617. It's a 7 shot 357 Magnum in a variety of configurations. The ultralight is 16 ounces. ;)

If this is going to be a carry gun.........rent or borrow as many as you can. Shoot more than just a few token rounds. You should practice with your carry gun enough to become VERY good with it and you don't want to carry something that you don't enjoy shooting.

Your defensive gun is supposed to be comforting, not comfortable. Don't jump on the lightest thing around untill you have done some serious testing.

My personal choice would be a used K frame Smith in blued steel....short barreled model 19. With a used L frame right behind.

Sam......enjoy your selection process.

Some good advice here, hope it helps you.

I have both a Ruger SP101 and several 3" S&W M65's. Both are good firearms which will serve you well if you settle upon them. I would try examples of both first if you can to see if they fit you as well.

The 3" revolvers should conceal as well as the 2" plus give you a little more weight and performance.

Frosty
MOLON LABE

any QUALITY revolver may qualify,

with that said, I would limit my choice's to Smith
& Wesson, Colt, or Ruger; not necessarily in that
order.:D There are other "also ran's" that some
of our poster's dearly love; but I would hesitate
to bet my life, or the life of a loved one on product's such as the Taurus line of firearms.
This comment is based on my observation and my
personal opinion.:)

Respectfully,
Ala Dan, Life Member N.R.A.

My carry revolver is the Taurus M605. .357MAG, 2.5in barrel, 5-shot. Fits into a pocket nicely.:) I wouldn't touch S&W :barf: with a 10 foot pole. But, that's just me.:)

Back