Carnivore 5 light

cornkolb

Inactive
Does anyone know were i could find a carnivore 5 predator light or something decent gor under 200$? Coyote lights are nice but kinda pricey for me rite now.thanks for any help

I've done okay with a Q Beam and a red lens cover. Fairly cheap.

The main thing I found was to use the edge of the beam and not the center. Doesn't spook a coyote or bobcat that way.

Once a coyote has been spotted and is known to be on the way in, a regular flashlight with a red cover works just fine.

Many people tend to use too bright a beam, and if centered on a coyote, it spooks.

Thanks for the info.i tried a q beam but run time was not very good.maglight used to sell lens for there lights but kinda tricy to find any more.i used a friends carnivore light and it was great. I learned they dont make them anymore but i would still love to find one.

The Q-Beam I used plugged into the cigarette lighter in my truck. I did a lot of eye-search shining, driving for miles in the back-country jeep trails in the desert.

I guess that mine might have been 2nd generation. They later came out with a one-million candlepower version.

A Streamlight SL 20, 20,000 cp, shines eyes at a quarter-mile, easily. Easy to ID a critter at a couple of hundred yards.

Back