caribou hunting

biganimal

my son and I would like to hunt caribou in canada, can anyone suggest a certain guide service and give us a ballpark fiqure as to cost ?

Ummmm... Canada is a big place...

Where do u want to hunt? Canada is the second largest nation in the world... Caribou abound everywhere, prices will vary greatly from province to province. You need to be more specific as to the place where u would like to hunt. But to give u a start Alberta, British Columbia, and Saskatchewan are the most hunter friendly provinces. Your best bet is to check out each of these Province's homepage which will provide with links to Outfitter's and regulations to import your guns to come hunting... Good luck.

Don't forget Quebec!
The caribou are plentiful, access is a little more complicated, but it is much closer from NYS than BC or AB.
We are currently flying in and out hunters to an outfitter roughly 57N 75W, their success rate is 100% up to now. They paid between 2500 and 5500 for a one week trip, depending on the time of the season and their accomodations.
Early season is cheaper, BYOF too, but you have to drive for about 900 miles north of Montreal...
Not much traffic after a while, thought.

I'm posting you links to a few Northern Quebec outfitters, but please understand that I'm not endorsing these guys in any way, YMMV.
Hope this helps!

http://www.nunavik-tourism.com/caribououtf.html

BTW, Umiujaq outfitters are now out of business, so don't bother checking them out...

Never Been to Quebec

But I heard the hunting is good there. Being a prairie boy (Alberta), I can tell u that the hunting in W. Canada is great - probably better than E. Canada due to the smaller population of people out here. But the proportion of Hunters is higher here than in Quebec and Ontario, this is gun friendly territory esp. Alberta - we are probably the closest to being like Texas than any province in Canada...

thanks guys
using your info I have sent to many guide services. We will most likely hunt Quebec as it is closer to home. I'll let ya know how we make out. Thanks again.

Back