Careless Coyotes

zplinker

I put a road killed deer out in the pasture, 300 yds. north of the house one Sun. afternoon. Having a pair of coyotes hanging around, and two pups, as seen on game cameras, I hoped to thin them out.

Tues. morning, 7:30, checked the bait, nothing; 7:45, here comes a coyote, and starts checking it out. Bang, flop. At 8:20, here comes another, probably wondering where the first one had gone...bang, flop. Two hours later, in come the now grown pups, one at a time, and they all ended up being whacked. My 25-06 with 85 gr. Nosler Ballistic Tips really puts them down. And having a portable shooting bench set up on the deck makes it a perfect set up.

Yes, a little paradise, with my own rifle and pistol range, plus deer and turkeys on the place. I have a neat picture of the coyotes, but apparently would have to use photo bucket, and that doesn't look very appealing.

I use a digital camera, but don't see any URL no. to post from saved photos. There is probably a way to get around that, but I'm not too computer savvy.

Back