Care and Feeding of a Ladysmith?

Armando B

Bought my wife a brand spanking new Ladysmith.

She loved it! It's her first gun and her first time on the range and I think she's hooked! She wants to go every week now.

:)

Question:

Does this type of alloy used on these revolvers need the same amount of oiling that others do? It seems like some down the barrel and cylinder would suffice?

Also, any loads to avoid or is it pretty healthy regardless?

Thanks!
Armando

I thought the Ladysmith was all steel, but I could be wrong. As far as oiling (I assume you mean with the gun assembled):

The key points to oil are the star at the rear of the cylinder (and the lever in the frame that pushes it), the stop latch that pops up below the cylinder, and the trigger and hammer. For preservative, I would recommend a good spray like Shooters Choice as it is much better than swabbing with oil.

You asked about loads: it's been a while since I read the test on the Ladymith, so I don't remember if the gun is rated for .38 special only or if it can handle the hotter +p loads. I would stick with standard .38 ammo (like 158 grain max) and not shoot hot loads. The little guns really kick with hot loads and your wife won't enjoy shooting them.

Back