Carcano 91/24 and La Caruno 7.92...

Beentown71

Hey guys I need some help. Just bought 13 guns off a guy I work with out seeing them or even knowing what I was getting. For the price I paid it didn't matter.

In the mix were to older military rifles. An Italian Circano 91/24 (I think) and a Spanish Mauser (I think) 7.92

P1040689.jpg

P1040706.jpg

The Mauser says La Caruno on it. Any information would be nice and I need parts. Rear sight for the Mauser and parts for the rear sight/clips for the carcano. Both of the barrles are great inside. I want to shoot them. It is killing me. What kind of accuracy can I expect? All right, all right enough questions for now:o

Thanks in advance,

Beentown

The La Coruña Mauser is the Spanish Model 1943; it is a Model 98 Mauser action and if not altered would be in 7.92 (8mm Mauser). It is more than adequately strong for any reasonable load in that caliber or for conversion to a caliber like .308 Winchester. It has been partly "sporterized" and the rear sight might have been removed with the intent of mounting a scope. You can do that, or any competent gunsmith can install a barrel open sight or a receiver peep sight.

The Carcano was also apparently partly sporterized. Its original caliber would have been 6.5 x 52. Firing it except as a single shot will require 6-round en-bloc clips that fit into the magazine. They are available at gun shows and from parts suppliers.

Both rifles should have military accuracy, with the Carcano possibly a bit more accurate than the Mauser.

Jim

Thank you much for the info Jim:) The Carcano didn't have any modifications that I saw. Did you see something I didn't? The sight on it was pretty beat up. The rest is actually pretty nice.

Since the Mauser has been "sporterized" that pretty much kills the value (not that it really matter...just wanna shoot it)?

Thanks again,

Beentown

Back