carbon fiber grips

ditty

Inactive
for all those 1911 affectionados out there. I want to get some carbon fiber grips. Didnt know they exsisted till about two minutes ago. Dont know where to get them though. If anyone has any opinions or knows where i could get them id really appreciate it.

Thanks
ditty

Caution

ditty,

I hope you will forgive my non-requested information. I've worked with lots of carbon fiber (mostly graphite epoxy resin composites) over the last 25 years in the tactical aircraft industry. Based on this experience, I offer an unsolicited warning. Many composites become VERY slick when even small amounts of lubricants are on their surface. Therefore, since we all oil our handguns, I'd be a little cautious about composite grips. Everything else about composites is great, but I still favor wooden or rubber grips to ensure solid, positive handholds.

thanks rwk,

hm... something to think about. I just wanted to get rid of the cheesy rubber grips i have on my weapon now.

ditty

Trading cheesy rubber grips for cheesy carbon fiber (nice plastic) grips? The ugly rubber grips are not pretty but better than ugly plasic grips. Checkered wood or rubber is the best on the range if you want to hit the target. The checkered rubber grips even look better than the plasic grips too. Carbon Fiber grips,lol. what a scam. parkay! butter!. Get wood or just keep the rubber.:) I do have a carbon fiber grip on my M-16 though.:)

My Caspian wears marvelous Ahrends Mayan Bloodwood full-checkered (hate diamonds) woodies, but the carbon-fiber grips are reputed to be enormously strong (of course, with my ammo I'm not worried about my magazine sympathetically detonating).

It ain't easy being cheesy!

The term "Plastic" just doesn't quite do justice to these grip panels...

View

I love a highly figured pair of exotic wood panels too, but these carbon fiber beauties are too cool to pass up!

Mikey

I recently purchased carbon creation grips because I wanted thin black grips for my 1911 compact. They have only been on the 1911 for 300 rounds, but thus far I have been very pleased. I had minor problems getting the correct screw/bushings for the grips, and with loosening of the grips. However, I believe I have solved both problems.

FWIW, you can get Craig Spegel's superb wooden grips for the same or less $ than Carbon. Have had both and use only Spegel's now.

Back