Car as cover ?

it's always a good idea to use someone else's car if at all possible. A diesel pickup is the best option.

just be sure that it's one of those Pimped out gangsta wannbe, Chevy Caprice, Crown Vic, sporting those really BIG ugly rims and far out paint jobs. Get a Bright orange one and you might blind the shooter. lol!

I am thinking that those impacts in front of the vehicle are not ricochets

Kinda scary that a shooter can miss a target that big.

Car is definitley not great cover. Like Zero said the engine block, and behind the wheel too to protect your legs. Other that that I want to get away from the car and seek better cover such as a brick wall or something.

The OP is very very wrong. Cars make terrible cover, even for pistol calibers. If you're going to post advice, please know what you're talking about. Good grief.

Haha I know. 9mm Fmj even 38spl can sail through your car door and hit you in the side. It might be yawed or fragmented but that could be just as bad.

As I see it, anything that makes it impossible for the shooter to actually see you is really a big help.
That's called concealment, not cover. Cover stops bullets, concealment breaks the line of sight. Big difference.

I know cars arent great cover just saying better than nothing. Thats a cool link you had I knew pistol calibers could sail through cars. Cars are not very safe cover but better than standing in the open.

better cover such as a brick wall or something.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if I'm firing my M14 at a brick wall (.308 Winchester) I can make swiss cheese out of the brick wall, right? I've certainly seen 308win destroy cinderblocks...it won't go through on the first shot, but it still isn't 100% safe back there.

Safer than a car? Sure...

Yea I was taking more pistol calibers. I rather be behind an inch of steel for a .308 WIN. Yea it could probably get through the brick eventually. 308 is a mean round.

Cars make lousy cover, marginal at best. Most folks have only a vague idea where the engine block is or how large (or small) it is. Cars make better weapons than cover and can even be a means of breaking off the attack.

Back