cap-n-ball trigger insertion/extra play on a Makarov

Satanta

howdy all. two part question here-hope this is in the right place!

Got a .45 cap-n-ball revolver in the old Navy style c.1886 if memory serves. I've assembled everything except the trigger...can't seem to get it to seat properly. The triggerspring won't fit if it's not seated [the trigger that is] Also the cylinder lock that the trigger spring rests on to-well. lock the cylinder, is very tight and may need some 'cleaning' up with the grinder, but how much is too much?

Also just bought a Makarov...only thing that bothers me is there is almost 1/2" free play when you pull the trigger before it starts to cock the hammer in DA. Anyone know if this is normal?

Don't know about the revolver, but I do know about the Mak. Yes, it's perfectly normal. I don't know how the KGB managed to shoot people in the head while wearing gloves. There's not much room to get a finger on the trigger.

Satanta, I recommend you let your local smith fit the parts to the revolver. Usually stoning rather than grinding is required. I wouldn't think it would cost very much. Just this past week I sold a customer his 4th cylinder bolt for the same SA revolver. He's already paid twice as much as I would have charged including the part to install it for him but he keeps saying he's saving money by doing it himself. George

Back