Cap and ball revolver loading stand

BlackPowderBen

Have any of you made a display/loading stand for your black powder revolver? (Not the cylinder loaders). If so, would you mind telling me how you did it?
Thanks!

Lots of photos of them over at the muzzleloading forum, including ours.

Ours are more for shooting than display. The bases are made from 1" (3/4") pine, 3-1/2" - 4" wide and 10-11" long. About 2" from one end a vertical piece of pine the same width and about 4" high is glued and screwed. Before installing however, it is cut out in the center with hole saw and a little further down for the hammers. On the base, about 3" or so from the vertical piece an indentation is made into the wood for the stock (grips) to dig into. We also add another piece of wood with cut outs for lead and wads.

There are plenty of plans on the web, lots of variations. My girls like making them, they're simple and quick to make.

Lots of options and fun to make

Ben, I have made a number of these and the general shape is similar to an ankle and foot. I have thought about making plans but all the ones I have made, are always a bit different. When making one, make sure you add a heel, for added stability. If you go on Ebay you will see a number of variations. You can use a variety of woods and options. It's enjoyable coming up with your own design. If you make a folder, be sure you can lock it in the open position. ....... ;)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Folding-Pin...903486?hash=item2a5fae957e:g:Hs0AAOSwEeFVTUhC

Good Luck and;
Be Safe !!!

This is what I use

0008_filtered.jpg

Antique Revolver Stand

Here is a copy of an old antique revolver stand that a guy used to make around twenty years ago. He lived in Colorado and would display his various designs at gun shows. Back then they sold for around $95.

Attachments

• Loading Stand Lt Ft 100%.jpg
    Loading Stand Lt Ft 100%.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 323
  • Loading Stand Lt Rear 100%.jpg
    Loading Stand Lt Rear 100%.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 242
Man, that's a little overkill. How heavy is that thing?

I wonder what the old cowboys would say if they saw all us comfy shooters with our fancy trick loading stands and accouterments.

I wonder what the old cowboys would say if they saw all us comfy shooters with our fancy trick loading stands and accouterments.

They'd probally load up the slow way, and then "when they had to shoot, they'd shoot, not talk. :D

Probably walk away laughing at the city slickers.:D

Back