• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Can't use the smileys...

I think you can drag them over too. But I have a similar issue as I can't use the quote button. Click and nothing happens.... It clearly works for others.

There is no quote button. I read somewhere on here that the admin. decided not to use them or something like that. You can do it manually. You have to type in

[*quote=yourname] then the quote that yourname posted here and [/quote*]

Leave out the red*stars* I had to put them in so it would not look the same as below.

This is how it will look--

yourname said:
then the quote that yourname posted and
:D

As far as the smileys I dunno.:D

contender - I'm sure the quote button he is talking about is the one in the tools section of the "Reply to Thread" page.

Rotorhead - I'm not sure what is wrong, but I highly suspect a setting in your browser. As others have noted, the smilies and buttons are working for them. Have you changed any settings or perhaps upgraded your browser lately?

What browser and version are you using?

Most likely. Unless you know that a setting was changed in your internet options for a good reason, you might want to restore the default settings. Go to: Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced and press the "Restore advanced settings" button.

I think you're going to find it has something to do with JavaScript disabled on your system. Unfortunately, I don't know enough about Java to tell you what to look for or where to find the settings in IE 7 ( I do for Firefox.)

UH1-D Rotorhead,

When you are typing in a post and wish to insert an emoticon. Try clicking on the smiley face that is in the tool bar above as opposed to the smiley box to the right. It should give you access to the same emoticons. Click on the one that you desire to insert. I have to do the same thing to use the smiley faces.;)

Great idea! The smilies in that control (the one with the smiley face and a down-arrow) are elements in a control unit and are not under Java control like the smilies at the right.

:p :mad:

50.gif

Biker - did you try the option pointed out by Slugthrower. I'm curious to see if it works. I can't satisfactorily test it, because my smilies do work as designed.

Back