• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Can't Start a Thread in the Buy,Sell,Trade Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

RichdaFactor

Just was wondering what I had to do to post in that section.I keep getting a I don't have permission are something like that.I can start a thread anywhere else but there.

Dumb me.Didn't see it in the rules.But the thread under this one answered it for me.Sorry admin for making this thread.Please delete.God Bless everyone.

I am a senior member.....been on here for almost 5 years and have 291 post and now I cant post in the classifeds????? Whats up?

Help

Its showing that you only have one post on my screen.I think you need like 25 post to post in that section.

Last edited:
go to my profile and check the post counts there...have 291 posts.....this thing is all messed up!!! sent a pm to the moderator a few hours ago...haven't got a response as of yet.

You can click on a person's profile and it will show you all there posts!

Jkinkade - did you actually read the rules or just come here to complain without taking that essential step? Here's a handy link to the rules: http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355154

Pay close attention to the very first rule in that thread. We were getting very tired of certain members who took advantage of the free storefront service without providing anything in return. All we asked for was a little contribution in the form of advice or knowledge that most every member here has, but some are not willing to share.

Yes I read the rules!!! Was not aware that it was going to apply to people who have been members here for years and have hundreds of posts?? Not a problem with me....I can go somewhere else after that comment!!!!

Goodbye!!!!!

Jkinkade: 1 post in Handguns: the Revolver. 290 consecutive posts in the Gun Show. 3 posts here to complain.

With those comments, it's easy to see that you do not and never did have anything to contribute to the mission of TFL. Um, no. The buying and selling of gear and guns is not the mission of this board.

Buh-bye...

Antipitas said:
Jkinkade: 1 post in Handguns: the Revolver. 290 consecutive posts in the Gun Show. 3 posts here to complain.

With those comments, it's easy to see that you do not and never did have anything to contribute to the mission of TFL. Um, no. The buying and selling of gear and guns is not the mission of this board.

Buh-bye...

I always thought forums were a online place where you could share info and experiece's and such with each other good or bad. Sure people want/need to sell things to fund other projects and the like. But as another Moderator said people are taking advantage of a free store front. Well in my eyes those people should help sponser said websites then. Just my opinion though, been on other forums were all they do is register to sell thier stuff and really never offer anything benificial to that forum. Gets annoying after a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back