Can't Retire

hunterdn78

Inactive
I don't want to retire my old rifle! HELP Please. I have a Marlin Model 38 and I am looking for a few parts. Would anybody have a carrier, a carrier plunger pin lower, a carrier plunger spring and a carrier plunger pin upper? I have already checked with Numrich and Jack First and Bob’s Parts with no luck. Can anyone help me?
Thank You, Dave

I have found Ebay to be a surprisingly good source of gun parts if you are patient.

Also try the marlinowners.com forum.

Marlin will not have parts for a gun manufactured 90 years ago. You will likely have to have the parts made by a machinist or find a donor (which may be already worn beyond usability). If you are willing to pay for a machinist to make parts, you will have a chance at getting it back in working condition.

Try Wisners. They manufacture new parts to old specs on discontinued guns. I don't see the 38 in the first page, but that doesn't mean it isn't there. If they don't make them specific to the 38 there may be a model with parts interchangable with it.

I purchased a new part for my Winchester 67A that fit perfectly with no fitting needed.

E-Bay is a primary source of funds for the people who want to take all your firearms away from you too.
Gunparts has the assorted plungers. Can't imagine finding a suitably sized spring would be that difficult. See if you can find a beat up M38 or M32(same parts) at a gun show.

E-Bay is a primary source of funds for the people who want to take all your firearms away from you too.
Gunparts has the assorted plungers. Can't imagine finding a suitably sized spring would be that difficult. See if you can find a beat up M38 or M32(same parts) at a gun show.

Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back