Can't remove Houge grips!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank the Spank

bah!.. this is pissing me off.

Ok I have a Desert Eagle that I just got re-blued. (bought it used) well as the guy had it that was re-bluing it I bought some new parts off the net.

well.. I got some nifty little Houge custom rubber grips and I gave them to the guy that was re-bluing my gun. Well... he threw away the instructions to my Houge grips.. thing is... I CAN'T REMOVE THEM!!!!!!!

Only way I can see how to take theses damn things off is with a friggen chainsaw!! Why do I wanna take them off? well I noticed a little orange rust around my gun.. and I've herd that happens after you have a gun re-blued since bluing is a rusting process. So I have to keep the whole thing well oiled for quite awhile. So I wanna take off my grips and wipe down the frame under the grips.. but I can't do that because I can't get the damn things off! I don't wanna mess them up either... I paid a whopping $60 for the damn things. I could remove my old grips with great ease, but theses new grips don't even have a sping lock like the old ones did. Please Desert Eagle owners... help a dork out!

Any help would be coolness on your part

-Frank the Spank

Most of the Hogue grips that I've used have a single screw in the bottom of the grip. If the Hogue grips for your Desert Eagle don't attach that way, then I'm no help. Hogue has a website and they are pretty good about answering the phone and e-mail. You might try them; they ought to be able to help.

Hey thank you very much guys!

I got them off.. well I didn't.. I took my gun back to the place I got it blued at.. like I thought.. he just got a big screw driver and tore the hell out of my brand new $60 grips......

he got them off... guess they were just on there tight... wish people would treat stuff like I treat my stuff.. I know it's a gun.. but I usually don't just start wackin stuff with hammers dinging the hell out of it.. if I wanted my gun to look abused I wouldn't have re-blued it!

oh well.. Thanks guys :)
-Frank the Spank

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back