• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Can't read private message!

Mamps

Torture

Does anyone know what is worse than ripping out your finger nails and pouring salt on the cuticle bed?
Getting 4 emails stating that you have 4 private messages and then logging in to try and retrieve them and TFL is having issues.
I am shaking over here and it is not from lack of coffee

:D

try this

For some reason I can still access the new post page, but not the user cp page. You can click onto private messages from either. May Help if te private messages link isn't broken

Thread title says it all - when I click on unread PM this shows up

Database Error Database error
The TheFiringLine Forums database has encountered a problem.
Please try the following:

* Load the page again by clicking the Refresh button in your web browser.
* Open the www.thefiringline.com home page, then try to open another page.
* Click the Back button to try another link.

The www.thefiringline.com forum technical staff have been notified of the error, though you may contact them if the problem persists.

We apologise for any inconvenience.

What to do?

I can read PM's, I just can't respond without getting the error.

Code:
Database error in vBulletin 3.7.1:

Invalid SQL:

SELECT pm.*, pmtext.*

FROM pm AS pm
			LEFT JOIN pmtext AS pmtext ON(pmtext.pmtextid = pm.pmtextid)

WHERE pm.userid=5995 AND pm.folderid=0
			ORDER BY pmtext.dateline DESC
			LIMIT 0, 50;

MySQL Error   : Can't create/write to file '/tmp/#sql_6c2_0.MYI' (Errcode: 13)
Error Number  : 1
Request Date  : Saturday, January 17th 2009 @ 03:44:05 PM
Error Date    : Saturday, January 17th 2009 @ 03:44:05 PM
Script        : http://thefiringline.com/forums/private.php
Referrer      : http://thefiringline.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&pmid=447209
IP Address    : 216.83.64.231
Username      : Antipitas
Classname     : vB_Database_MySQLi
MySQL Version : 5.0.72-log

Back