Can't get it out of my mind. Ever happen to you?

rblack

I was in one of the local shops the other day and found a new Smith & Wesson model 410 .40S&W two-tone, for $400. I just can't seem to get this pistol out of my mind for some reason. I really need to just stay out of gun shops I guess because this happens all the time.

Anyone have any experience with the 410 and does this seem like a fair price?

Thanks

Rod; The S&W mod 410 is part of the economy series of pistols, ie; the mod 457 and the mod 910. They are lightweight (alloy frames), combat accurate, very reliable, and IMO excellent value. $400.00 seems like a fair price. WARNING! If you buy new you're gonna catch some flack! I'll tell ya what...if you buy a USED mod 910 in 9mm I'll send ya a factory 15 round mag for Christmas! How's that sound...Best Regards, J. Parker

rblack-IF you buy a NEW S&W, not EVERYONE will come down on you...you can always: hide the purchase, or; SWEAR its a "pre-agreement" gun! Seriously...I've had SIX of the "third-generation" S&W autos...including TWO 915's and a 411...very reliable, good value for the dollar. As they say...Let your conscience be your guide!!!...Good Luck....mikey357

J.Parker,

Thank you very much for the offer, but I really want the .40 cal, as I already have numerous 9mm's.
I went back to the shop and he came down to $375, sooooo....... I just couldn't resist.
The two-tone looks great and this gun has one nice trigger, and that is saying a lot because I'm used to tuned 1911 triggers.
Thanks for the advise, this is one sweet gun, but aren't they all when they're new.

No.

I have yet to fire, live or dry, any S&W pistol that had a decent trigger. Every one to dat has ben lousy. It is such a shame that a company that makes the best revolvers in the world can't figure out how to get a decent trigger pull on a semi-auto.

Fortunately I don't have to worry about the trigger pulls on new S&W products any more. Although I could use a good used model 14 (K-frame .38) to turn into a PPC match gun.

Rod; $375.00 is an excellent price IMO. With the 40 cal you won't have to worry about stocking up on hi-cap mags. Best Regards, J. Parker

Back