• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Can't Find Thread

espnazi

I cant locate a thread I started "online guns while 18" it doesn't appear anywhere. Was it deleted and if so why?

You likely somehow didn't do something. That would be my first thought.

If it wasn't acceptable, the Moderators would close it, and if it was REALLY bad, they'd ban You, but the Mod's here are pretty good guys. As long as it's FireArms Related, clean and at least FAIRLY meaningful, it's usually no problem at all.

"Online Guns at 18" shouldn't be unacceptable. Try it again.

Me personally, I've had a few small problems in the last few days, with replies/posts, here. Capitol letters won't stay caps, has been the main problem, so You MAY be getting a little website problem, but just try Your Thread again.

Or, keep in mind that the Moderators Screen Name's are BOLD Blue letters, while all others are a bit "finer", not so distinct, so if/when You see one of them online, You can click on their Name and send them a message. Let them know what problem You're having, and they'll address it from there. If nothing else, they'll guide You through the process of starting a Thread, or they may know of an existing problem.

And, when one of the Moderators see this Thread, they'll likely chime in.

Due to an unfortunate blatantly terrible and illegal advice given, it was pulled. Usually we clean up the offensive posts, but there were just too many to try to salvage the thread.

Back