• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Can't find my new threads

Conceal Carry

Hi! Mods.

I have started two threads in the last 6/7 days, but when I return to find out the replies, i just can't find my threads.

Can someone please tell me what's happening? Is this related to the region I live in?

On Nov. 5th, you started the thread Spare mags for Baikal MP-161K in the Gear and accessories forum. On the 4th, you started Magazines for Baikal MP-161K, same forum. Both were deleted.

The reason? You failed to put your LOCATION in the thread title. All threads started in the GunShow forums, must have the location (your State, Province, or Country if other than the USA) in the title. These rules were announced a while back and the rules are stickied in all those forums.

ETA: Don't feel too bad... I just looked and deleted 5 other threads, just like yours.

And don't forget evryone, if you find you've left the location out of the title, you can edit it by pressing "Go Advanced" once you're in the edit screen.

Back