Canoeists kidnapped and held at gunpoint

I live near there

I live in Arkansas about 45 minutes away from that river and my family has a log home on that river that someone stays at about every weekend. The river is extremely crowded with fishermen but has some sparce areas, especially during the weekdays. As with any recreational river in a rural area, it has more than its fair share of unruly drunks and potheads and I can only guess at the amount of meth being produced in those rural houses. Because of this (and snakes), I always carry my SP101 loaded with snake shot and HP's.

Ditto those guys were complete idjits - fortunately none of the canoeists were injured or killed. I am not sure where the geniuses figured that the canoeists were hiding the outboard. :confused: Brings to mind the movie "Deliverance" :p Fortunately, this real life misadventure came out better.

Houses on the shore here ,The Upper Delaware river, are much more prone to be robbed by weekend types .Maybe the assumption of attempted theft was reasonable but the action wasn't . I've caught river pirates the proper way with the police.

when he used the word..... tried.......

he just blew it....LOLOLOLOL

Probable cause applies to citizens as well as police. When he went down to his boat and the motor was still there..that just blew his silly story outta the water.....

you cant use deadly force and dentention for something that wasnt stolen :rolleyes:

Wardlow escaped by saying she needed to use the bathroom then sneaked away into the woods.

Hanlin was sent by his captors to find her and bring her back.

Once Hanlin and Wardlow found each other some distance from the river bank, the two decided to seek help and ran.

Can anyone say
"Still shakin' it, boss, still shakin'. I'm shakin' it, boss."

Yeah. Screw 'em. I'm not paying $5 for even a month's worth of access there.

If everything you wanted to see on the internet charged a "nominal access fee," normal people with normal internet usage would be paying a couple hundred bucks a month just to browse articles.

Greedy bastards! Screw 'em! I'll be just fine for the rest of my life if I never get to read that article.

-blackmind

Uh-oh, how'd that get there???
deliverance3.jpg

*"Dueling Banjos" theme starts in to pluckin'*

CarbinesqueallikeapigCaleb

Back