• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Cannot post in the Classified section

mtang45

Inactive
Tried to post in the classified section today and I get a message that says I don't have permission. This is definately new. Do I have a cookie issue or issomething else going on?

Nevermind, I see the announcement at the top of the forum. Thats too bad; I've been a member since 2007 and my primary reason for coming here is to browse your classified section for cool toys. I also sell/trade lots of cool stuff that I don't need anymore. I'm not in the business, just a fanatical hobbyist. I usually don't have time to read and contribute in other forums so thus a low post count since you don't count postings in the marketplace.

Its your forum and your rules but I have to say I find it highly disappointing and somewhat disturbing that you are saying you don't want me around because of my one dimensional contribution to your website, and my inability to become a multi-faceted member by posting "meaningful" content.

No hard feelings here, just commenting on what I see as forced communal dynamics :rolleyes:

A PM to a moderator may well gain you access.... we may refer to them as Sith Lords on occasion but they're actually pretty nice (usually);).

This sith lord says, sorry Charlie, but no.

The raison d'étre for TFL is to promote responsible gun ownership. That's been the policy here since day one. Hasn't changed.

Originally, the GunShow forums were started as a service to our members. Somewhere along the way, it become the primary (and for some, the only) reason for their presence at TFL.

If you find that disturbing, perhaps this will encourage you to join us. If not, c'est la vie!

Antipitas said:
The raison d'état for TFL is to promote responsible gun ownership.
Did TFL become a sovereign entity when I wasn't looking? Don't you mean raison d'être? :D

OK, so to better understand your policy I just surveyed the last 10 postings in the Buy, Sell and Trade: Handguns forum and found 7 of the 10 do not meet your criteria for posting in the Classified sections. Just curious why the policy changed for me (when I used to be able to post); did I do something that offended someone? This is obviously not a well enforced policy, so what means is used to discriminate between those that can and those that cannot?

From Tuttle8's Announcement:
As it states in all of the Gun Show subforums, you MUST have been a member for at least 30 days and have at least 25 posts to start a thread. For those that question why some still are able, it's due to some have slipped through the cracks or have been "grandfathered" in. For those that can, consider being fortunate. For others that can't, it's an easy solution. Hang out for a while in the discussion forums and get to know us as we can get to know you. After all, the discussion forums are the reason why we're here. The Gun Show forum is provided as a FREE service for those that have contributed to The Firing Line's cause.

... And PASCAL or MODULA, Mal.

Back