Canadian Gun Law Article Request

DonL

Having recently had my hard drive here at the office hosed by none other than our own IT deptartment, I'm trying to track down a HTML page I had saved with an article essentially titled, "Why Canadian Gun Laws Won't Work Here," or "Why Canadian Gun Laws Won't Work In The U.S." It was a very good, article on the philosophies of the founding of the US vs. Canada, their relevance to current firearms legislation, and how comparing statistics between the two countries is an invalid comparison, based on the previously-mentioned difference in founding philosophies. An already lengthy websearch using a couple of search engines have turned up nothing, and I'm wondering if the site is even up any more. If anyone has this bookmarked or saved, I would appreciate it. Thanks.

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arms reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Is Canada really a Democracy or a Demockery? I mean really, the head of Canadian Government is appointed by the crown to act on behalf of the Sovereign. Two thirds of their legislative body is appointed and serve for life. The only representation the people have is referred to as "The House of Commons", which subliminally drives home the point that the subjects are indeed only commoners. It is often stated that the royal family is nothing more than a figurehead. Nothing with the kind of money the royal family has can be dismissed as a figurehead. The Governor General has full veto power over any legislation, and does not have to justify his/her actions to anybody. Don't kid yourself, Canada is a monarchy. http://www.canada.gc.ca/howgoc/govorg_e.html

------------------
(!)

Also don't forget that having an unpopular historical point of view and speaking about it is a crime in Canada. No 1st Amendment.

Now, Ernst Zundel pisses me off. He says the holocaust did not involve gas chambers or even any intentional effort to kill Jews, only to contain them in camps. The evidence he cites on his site is bull****.

BUT . . . . I think he has the right to say it. The Canadian government disagrees and has made several despicable attempts to find loopholes through which to deny him the right to say anything they don't approve. They also denied him and his lawyer the use of a room in the Canadian legislature which exists for the sole purpose of serving as a public forum for ANY citizen. In the process, they've taken a deluded racist I can personally humiliate in about ten minutes and made him look more legitimate than he ever could if he were simply allowed to rant. No thanks. I'll stick with my Constitution and take my chances, thanks.

DC, thanks for the lead, but I'm afraid that wasn't the same article I had for quite a few years. I'll keep looking, but if anyone has an idea in the meantime, I would appreciate the heads-up. Thanks.

------------------
Don LeHue

The pen is mightier than the sword...outside of arms reach. Modify radius accordingly for rifle.

Back