Canada attempting to scrap long gun registry!

Yesterday, the house passed bill c391(repeal of the long arm registry)...and it passed. Basically killing the long arm registry which cost over a billion dollars to operate. The idiots in the House of Commons on both side of the political spectrum finally came to their senses. This is a big victory for us. The gun registry did abolsutely nothing to protect the public from criminals....not offering the same for deers,bears,moose,elk,grouse,butterflies...etc.
:D
Free ammo and drinks for anyone in Squamish(south of whistler B.C) who wants to go shooting this weekend with us Canadians.

http://www.cdnshootingsports.org/2009/11/we_did_it_c391.html

That is huge! Maybe this will get the ball rolling for you fellow gunowners across the border.

It would be really funny if Canada ends up having as many rights restored as we do. Can you imagine two of the most powerful nations in the world not only border each other, but also provide the most freedoms for their individuals? It's difficult as it is to prove to the rest of the world people have the rights similar to what's described in the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights. If Canada gets on board, it's going to be very difficult for the rest of the world to ignore ones' liberties...

As a citizen of both countries, I am very excited to see Canada giving its citizens some of the same rights that Americans many take for granted. :cool:

Also, IMHO if the Canadian national government admits that the registry was ineffective and wasteful and successfully repeals it, their actions will serve as a really effective foil against politicians foolish enough to push for the same thing in the USA. :D

As a citizen of both countries, I am very excited to see Canada giving its citizens some of the same rights that Americans many take for granted.

I dunno about Canadian rights... but I hope that was just a slip of the tongue rather than a heartfelt and fully understood choice of words.

Governments "give" nothing to the citizens that embody them. Rights are never given from government to people. Only abridged or taken away. Governments have no rights; only powers.

The distinction is subtle, but powerful and important.

We fought Germany 3 years before America in 1914, our enfields and Lewis guns gave the Gerries hell. Ditto in 1939. Our lads fought bravely in Hong Kong against Japan in 1939. We fought in Korea. While America's hippies were running up here, our citizens volunteered for Vietnam against the will of an increasingly left leaning government.

It's a great feeling to regain our pride. Our people are starting to speak louder than our politicians.

We fought Germany 3 years before America in 1914, our enfields and Lewis guns gave the Gerries hell. Ditto in 1939. Our lads fought bravely in Hong Kong against Japan in 1939. We fought in Korea. While America's hippies were running up here, our citizens volunteered for Vietnam against the will of an increasingly left leaning government.

It's a great feeling to regain our pride. Our people are starting to speak louder than our politicians.
I hate to admit it, but that guy has some good points:)

Happy to see this scrapped.

If Canada started having common sense gun laws I would start practicing my Canadian. Nothing against the good ol' USA but Victoria is so beautiful and the people so friendly. :)

If Canada started having common sense gun laws I would start practicing my Canadian. Nothing against the good ol' USA but Victoria is so beautiful and the people so friendly.

Love to have you over.

We have great hunting and fishing, we're starting to get rid of our 'urban commie' problem.

Hopefully, we'll get rid of big, overbearing government. Can you imagine the look on the latte and birkenstock crowd when Americans come to Canada to get AWAY from gun control fanatics and intrusive government?

Don't get me wrong, I don't wish that on you, but I revel in ******* off hippie fascist anti liberty scum.

I dunno about Canadian rights... but I hope that was just a slip of the tongue rather than a heartfelt and fully understood choice of words.
It was a slip. So was the "Americans many take" bit. :o

That'll teach me to write too fast. :eek:

their actions will serve as a really effective foil against politicians foolish enough to push for the same thing in the USA.

Wouldn't bet the farm on it, apparently some people think waiting months for health care is just peachy even though our neighbors to the North have already tried it (and that's as far as I'm going into that :rolleyes:). Politicians in general are blinded by agendas and special interests to the point that it makes them do things that make us regular folks very unhappy.

In other words there is no such thing as a politician learning a lesson; they think they know everything already.

Wouldn't bet the farm on it, apparently some people think waiting months for health care is just peachy even though our neighbors to the North have already tried it (and that's as far as I'm going into that ).
Apples to oranges. Firearms registry is a much simpler issue than health care reform, and that's as far as I'm going into that.
Politicians in general are blinded by agendas and special interests to the point that it makes them do things that make us regular folks very unhappy... In other words there is no such thing as a politician learning a lesson...
Then why is Canada considering scrapping the long-gun registry? What special interest do the Canadian gun-registration opponents serve?

Bravo to Canada ! Next, how about making it easier
for Americans to transit your country, like from Washington
to Alaska, with firearms.

We fought Germany 3 years before America in 1914, our enfields and Lewis guns gave the Gerries hell. Ditto in 1939. Our lads fought bravely in Hong Kong against Japan in 1939.
My great uncle flew with a Canadian in WWII. He was very complementary about the man's skill and character. According to him, "Despite the name, French Canadians have fighting spirit." :)

It's nice to see a step back in the right direction. As for the non-restricted list, do you still have to get a PAL to acquire those? If so, isn't that still a de facto registry?

Then why is Canada considering scrapping the long-gun registry? What special interest do the Canadian gun-registration opponents serve?

I guess I was referring more to the politicians here in the US. The trend in the past few decades has certainly not been to expand gun rights.

Back