Can you place a value on my Glock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AERacing1813

Curious on what the resale value would be on my Agency Arms Glock19 Gen5? I'm the second owner, it's an outstanding gun but not sure what I should post it forsale at, paperwork indicated the gun was $1,966.25, before you account the additional items...round count is roughly 300, purchased new June 2018.

here's a list of what I have for it.

-G19 Gen5 Agency build Urban Combat DLC cut W/rmr cut & top plate -$1966
-Surefire XC-1 -$200
-W.O.T.G sights -$90
-TTI magazine base -$42
-TiNi Barrel, as the gun originally came with a black "stock" one. -$300
- Original Glock box with the papers
- Incog AIWB holster W/ detachable magazine holster -$80

so roughly $2,678 worth of stuff, what would be a "sellable" price point, as a complete setup? I got it in a trade, and never sold a firearm of such high value before :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's used, it's a Glock, and you have a bunch of stuff for it. Sight unseen, I wouldn't offer over $300.00. Look for a Glock collector who is willing to buy it.

My general rule of thumb is 70-80% of the original price. However, you have a bit of a problem in that you have a very specialized item. A number of people will see it as a just a Glock with add ons. The reality is the market for a customized Glock of the original price is relatively small and it isn't something that is going to appeal to the general gun buyer. In addition, you have to offer a significant enough price reduction because someone with that kind of money might well look at your asking price and say why not just buy it new. As for the light and other items you bought additionally, in my experience those become more sweeteners for the deal than really adding a lot of value.

Edit: You really need to find the right buyer in this case, as people below pointed out.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Curious on what the resale value would be on my Agency Arms Glock19 Gen5? I'm the second owner, it's an outstanding gun but not sure what I should post it forsale at, paperwork indicated the gun was $1,966.25, before you account the additional items...round count is roughly 300, purchased new June 2018.

here's a list of what I have for it.

-G19 Gen5 Agency build Urban Combat DLC cut W/rmr cut & top plate -$1966
-Surefire XC-1 -$200
-W.O.T.G sights -$90
-TTI magazine base -$42
-TiNi Barrel, as the gun originally came with a black "stock" one. -$300
- Original Glock box with the papers
- Incog AIWB holster W/ detachable magazine holster -$80

so roughly $2,678 worth of stuff, what would be a "sellable" price point, as a complete setup? I got it in a trade, and never sold a firearm of such high value before :eek:

Hope you enjoy the gun. You're either going to take a terrible beating on price, or be stuck with the gun.

Unless you have good provenance, and find just the right buyer, it's extremely hard to sell a customized gun.

Gen5 that new with round count; more likely go for $400, MAYBE $425 in the right area.

Gun is 6 months old and already on its second owner? That sends me a bad signal.

You may be better off selling every add on part separately on e-bay and take what you can get for the gun. Accessories add little if anything to the value of the gun.

That's tough.
The market is generally soft on custom and customized guns, you would take a loss flipping a Wilson.
Customized Glocks are a much smaller market and I don't see a lot of demand for a Glock set up to suit somebody else.
I think half the replacement cost of the gun and permanent mods, not including attachable accessories like the searchlight, would be a lot and a slow seller at that.

What you have here is like a three story victorian home that has a built in astronomical observatory with 16" lenses and movable turret with a lazy boy and kegerator. The observatory itself may have cost $50,000 to create and install. The house itself will probably be worth $100,000 and there will still be $80,000 left on the mortgage. A speculator will eventually buy it for the amount of the mortgage, develop it into a triplex, and destroy the home values of an entire three block radius.

Twenty years ago I should have put in solar energy, we have spent twenty years here and would have recovered the cost. Anyone who puts in a solar system shouldn't expect to recover the costs upon sale five years later.

When a person puts a $2,000 custom walnut stock on his favorite rifle and builds a presentation oak and leather carrying case, he can expect to recover about 20% or less of those add ons unless he finds just the right person.

Someone who finds this and feels that it is absolutely his dream gun, and who has the money to actually make the purchase, may in fact want english walnut, .30-06 instead of a .308, and green velvet inside the box instead of the purple with gold trim.

Last edited:
$450.00
Someboday actually wasted all that money putting expensive, useless, junk on a Glock?
That's like a Yugo with $4000 custom wheels on it.

As you can see, your issue is going to be finding an Agency Arms Glock buyer vs a Glock buyer.

Unfortunately, even finding that buyer, unless they had a pile of cash ready to mail and you are offering it in right here, right now condition, they are gonna want a discount.

My gut feeling is - 30% on the gun and -50% on accessories would be a pretty good deal. I hope you are in it for less......meh $1650 to somebody who knows Agency Arms and wants it like that.

I think separately, you could get 75-95% of the value on the accessories, unless fitted...it just happens that way.

Guys....it is an Agency Arms gun. Are you offering $1000 on a barely used Wilson Combat? Let’s get real....just a little bit.

Guys....it is an Agency Arms gun. Are you offering $1000 on a barely used Wilson Combat? Let’s get real....just a little bit.

That is a LOT of money for a Glock regardless the accessories on it. I read the OP at least 3 times thinking I got to be reading it wrong-that much money for a Glock??

IMHO, a Wilson is a tack-driver and one could recover a greater percentage of cost re-selling it much easier than trying to sell a Glock for $1000+

Yep, let's get real; as mentioned above, someone put $4000 wheels on a Yugo; sorry for the bad news, but I went to their site and they are awful proud of their stuff; but resale on that is in the dumpster.

To answer my question, why have there been two owners on 6 months?

You say you got it in trade? You must have assigned some monetary value to it when you made the trade. I think if you get anywhere close to that your good.

You may want to try on one of the Glock forums. Those guys spend some crazy cash on upgrades.

"You may be better off selling every add on part separately on e-bay and take what you can get for the gun."

Probably your best bet. ^^^

The base gun is probably not going to sell for much more than a 9mm MOS Glock in excellent used condition unless you can find someone who really wants that particular setup from that particular builder.

I'd sell the Surefire separately rather than including it in the package.

Assuming you have the stock barrel to put back in the gun, I would do that and sell the aftermarket barrel separately. In fact, a gold barrel in a gun might make it harder to sell. You're almost certain to get a lot more for the barrel by itself than it would increase the value of the gun. If you don't have the stock barrel then just figure you're going to eat the barrel value.

The sights and magazine bases are probably not recoverable costs, again, unless you can find someone who really wants a gun with that setup.

If I were selling the gun, I'd ask for a $40 bump on the overall price for including the holster and be willing to settle for $20. I'd probably try to sell the holster by itself rather than including it in the package though--assuming it's in like-new condition. I think it would bring more that way.

Assuming that the gun is in like new condition, I think that you would be fortunate to get more than $600 for it.

Selling the barrel, holster and light piecemeal might net you an additional $350 total, if you're willing to sit on them awhile.

So maybe all told, you might get around $950 if you break it up and if you aren't in a hurry for your money. If you don't have the stock barrel to put back in the gun, then $800 is probably a better number since you will probably realize very little additional value for the aftermarket barrel if it's sold installed in the gun.

If I were trying to sell it all as one package, I would probably ask $800 and be willing to come down--unless I didn't mind holding onto the gun for awhile.

That said, you can always put the whole package on consignment in some gunshop at your full price and hope that just the right buyer walks in and falls in love.

^^^John broke down the realistic of your predicament quite well, and your likely cost recoup. I work with a lot of gun guys. During a break a pastime for us is to ridicule overpriced Glock prices on arms list. A close second is AR builds in the unrealistic pricing market. It’s like selling a truck with rims, a lift, off road lights, a winch, and other goodies. Despite having spent 10k+ on those accessories, you’ll be lucky to get 1 or 2k back in added sale price.

Custom work in general will not recover costs, unless you're a very famous figure.
I just got a lightly customized Glock 20SF back from Robar.
$900 listed on the invoice.
The base pistol new shows $552 at Bud's.

Adds up to $1452, and there's nothing remotely fancy on it, just a grip reduction, $100 in Vickers trigger, slide lock, and mag button, a new connector, front slide serrations, and all metal parts coated with a combination of two of Robar's proprietary metal finishes.

The work adds to the performance & durability of the pistol, but there's no way I could expect to get more than $500 or so out of it in a sale, even at a low mileage of less than 400 rounds through it.

Custom Glocks are a limited market.
Radically customized Glocks are even more limited.

Used accessories add little value.
Don't expect anything like a $2600 figure.
Denis

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back