Can we help the Wilson family (Texas shootout)?

Dwight55

After responding to another thread, . . . I got to thinking about it more.

I really think it would be good for all of us who could to pass our condolences on to any family Mr. Wilson (Texas court house shoot out).

Just a card would help, but flowers or even a donation to help his family I would think would be appropriate.

If anyone has his full address and would post it, . . . I believe it would be good for us as those who support his actions, . . . and may help his family in this obviously tragic time.

May God bless,
Dwight

if anyone has that address im certainly willing to help out. Mr. Wilson deserves a hell of a lot of credit, lord knows hes not getting it from the houston media.

me three

I will kick in to support that family also. Maybe it should be something officialy in the name of "The Firing Line Forums". If a moderator/admin is listening in, can you help us out? I would be willing to do some of the leg work - find a big national bank that has a branch in Tyler and get some help making a fund in Mark Wilsons name. If the family there is not in need of the money, it could go to some related charity in his name...

I found Mr. Wilson's obituary on the internet. The funeral home who is handling his funeral is: Lloyd James Funeral Home, 1011 E. 1st St., Tyler, TX 75701-3308. Phone # 903-597-6611. We can have flowers sent to that location. I will also try and call and see if they recommend an address to send financial aid to the family.

Just called the funeral home. Gentleman said that the family was presently there and working on arrangements. Did not have an address or info on where to send donations at this time. Recommended I call back later in the day. So I will do so.

Just spoke to someone at the funeral home. He said that the family had request that any donations be sent in his honor to: The Children's Village Home. The person I spoke with did not have an address or further info. I looked online and found this site:
link to Children's Village Home
If so inclined, take a look at it. There is a phone number that anyone who wants to can call, and thus make a donation in Mr. Wilson's honor. I am assuming that this is the correct organization. It is the only one I found, but when you call, you may wish to verify that it is the correct one.

I like to see a Bronze Plate with the inscription Greater love has no man than, that he lay down his life for his friends. (John 15:13) and then some information about Mark Wilson and his beliefs. No man ever truly dies when he is remember by his friends and family.

Jungle Work

chris_in_va, I've read that he was a bachelor, and left behind no children. I will try to locate the link where I read this.

Just let me know where to send the money.. i would rather do something for his family .. if no kids what about his parents..?? Outliving your kids.. what tragic thought.. I never thought about life much till i had my kid.. changes your whole outlook on life.

Back