Can someone identify this magazine

TU843

Inactive
I got a large box full of magazines and scope rings from my father in law who worked for a gun distributor for 35 years. There were three types of magazine: the one pictured, Beretta 92, and FN P90 mags. I've gone to two local gun shops for identification with no avail. Your help is much appreciated

Attachments

• IMG_5025.jpg
    IMG_5025.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_5024.jpg
    IMG_5024.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_5023.jpg
    IMG_5023.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 93
Are there any markings on it? If you can you give us a clear shot of those markings, that would help.

The feed lips and follower have me baffled. Otherwise it looks like a stick magazine for a SMG (or a semi auto look alike). No idea which one, but its NOT a Tommygun mag or for an M3 Grease gun.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

After several hours I was going the SMG route as well but I cant sell them unless I know exactly what they're for.. lol There are no markings.

Sure you can sell them. "as is, identity unknown", you just can't accurately put a price on them. :rolleyes:

Murphy being who he is, its likely if you sell them for $5 they'll sell, and later you'll learn they were something uber rare and worth $150 ea.

OR, its possible they are for some no longer made gun that was a piece of crap to begin with, nobody has any and no one wants/needs mags except the 6 people in the country that still own them, and of course if you can't ID them those people will never know about them, so....

What's better? A little money in your pocket and maybe miss out on a bigger profit, or sitting on them until ??? You might also consider trades??

Just a complete guess, without any real basis, but since they kind of look like Tommy gun stick mags, possibly they were made for one of the knock-off you could get in the 60s-70s. One of those I remember was called the "Commando" Looked like a Thompson on the outside different inside, and if I remember right got the rep for wearing out/breaking fast. I think those guns used their own specific mags, no longer remember for sure, but that's what the look of the mag suggest to me.
there are other possibilities as well... maybe for the Reising gun???

I will do what research I can. if anything turns up, will let you know.

Back