can someone help me identify this rifle?

I don't know hardly anything about guns. :confused: My dad has an old gun that has been passed down through our family, but we haven't been able to find out anything on it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. :)

I do not see a "brand" name on it, just a series of numbers. They include:
NA 933, No. HA 933 (with a D under the "3"s), 1938, and above 1938, it has a star with what looks like an arrow inside of it.

As I said, any information on this rifle would be greatly appreciated. My dad works from 6:30 in the mornings and gets off late at night. I volunteered to try and find info on it.

The star inside the arrow is a BIG indicator that it's a Soviet-made rifle, at the Izhvesk (sp?) arsenal.

Is it a bolt action or semi-auto?

It does look a great deal like the picture shown on M1895 Mosin-Nagant with the site behun8.srv.hu under it.

It resembles the bottom one the most, except that ours isn't shiny at all.

FWIW, I think Tula used the star and arrow or sometimes just the star. Izhevsk used the bow and arrow up to 1928 and the arrow in a triangle after that. Sestoretsk used just an arrow.

Tula now makes civilian arms under the name Tulski Oruzheiny Zavod (TOZ) or Tula Arms Works; Izhevsk uses IZHMASH as a trade name.

Jim

Back