Can someone explain the Colt "Series," "Company," and "Heritage" Walker terms?

Big-Blue

Can someone explain the Colt "Series," "Company," and "Heritage" Walker terms?

I just finished reading this old thread (http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535570) on the Colt Walker Signature Series. Post #4 by Hawg clearly explains who manufactured the 2nd and 3rd generation pistols. That helps a lot, but doesn't explain a couple other factors.

I've seen references to F-Series. I've seen references to C Company. I've seen references to Heritage Series. What are all these?

I'm looking at a Colt Manufacturing Company LLC F-series Heritage Walker and would like to know what I'm getting into. I'm not a collector. Is this a shooter? Will the engraving fall off when it heats up? Will I be able to buy spare parts in the future, or is this one of those old ASM pistols?

I appreciate your help clearing up my confusion.

The F series Heritage Walker is a second gen Colt assembled and finished by Colt from Uberti parts in 80-81. The heritage has gold etched engravings of Samuel Colt and Sam Walker and a floral banner. It came in a walnut presentation case with green velvet lining, walnut book rack, and a signed, leather bound edition of R.L. Wilson´s book The Colt Heritage numbered to the gun. It isn't really a shooter but it can be. However the gold in the etching won't last long if you do.

Back