Can I use this for tournament skeet shooting?

FoghornLeghorn

I'm interested in skeet shooting.

I have a Beretta Essential 686 that I'd like to use. I'm thinking of installing a Graco adjustable buttplate and high visibility sights/beads.

I'll also have to run down a couple of skeet chokes.

Is this an acceptable package? Can I have the high viz flourescant sights installed and still be legal as per skeet rules?

thanx

Is it legal ...with Hi Viz ...yes...( do I recommend them, no )..

......the only time you look at a bead on the rib is when you mount the gun ( to make sure you haven't canted it one way or the other -- vs straight up and down )....after that, you never look at the barrel or the bead...( or 99% of the time, it will be a lost bird ) because looking at the barrel or bead will cause you to stop your swing. The only thing you look at - is the leading edge of the target ..( and you feel the lead ) you don't measure it ...and you fire the gun -- and follow thru -- all in a smooth motion. Then find the 2nd bird with your eyes - and then move the gun to execute your 2nd shot on a pair ...( on some stations)...

Will the gun work for you ....yes, if it fits you it will.

But go out with what you have ....get a few thousand skeet targets under your belt....have some fun / and then evaluate your fundamentals and your equipment.

I wholeheartedly concur with the previous three responders.
GOOD LUCK and have fun!

Unless you are sure about the adjustable butt plate, shoot it for a while with just one minor change. If the high viz has a light pipe in it then swap it out for an opaque white pipe and have fun.

Back