Can I swap the Cylinder hand...

jrothWA

from a NIB M14-4 into a used M15-3, to reduce some end shake?

This is field-expedient" to allow me to finish the final five weeks of a league
shot. Then I can drop off at the smith for service.

The "hand" is used in two different ways in regards to the S&W double-action revolver. There is the "Hand Ejector" model of S&W that implies that the "star" that pushes the empties out of the chambers is a "hand", then the part that pushes the cylinder to the next firing position is also referred to as the "hand".

I assume you are referring to the former.

Just call it a "no", practically speaking.

The hand that advances the cylinder rotation isn't a drop-in piece & does nothing for endshake.
Denis

Just call it a "no", practically speaking.
The hand that advances the cylinder rotation isn't a drop-in piece & does nothing for endshake.
Denis
Thus, as I posted, the confusion. I think what he is talking about is the "extractor star". He may be under the impression that it bears upon the recoil shield. Nevertheless, what he would need are "end-shake" shims...if that is indeed his problem. I would not count on the "extractor star" to be a drop-in fit from another gun anyway.

As DPris stated. The answer is no. The hand is......hand fit to each gun to get timing on. If end shake is excessive the cylinder needs to be shimmed. Midway and brownells both sell cylinder shim kits.

Back