Can I shoot IDPA with a ruger p95

richiep

Hello everyone,
I have decided that I want to get into IDPA would a ruger p95 be a sufficient gun to begin with. I shoot it very well. If I like it I will probably buy a glock to compete with/ carry and was wondering if a G19 would work. I kind of want to get a glock 19 over the 17 so that I can CC it. Thanks ahead of time.

Sure, you would be just fine with the Ruger. While it's not what most people are shooting, you need to find a gun you're safe and comfortable with; after that, it's all a matter of taste.

Get some mags, a decent holster and have at it. IDPA is great fun-

Larry

It will work great for IDPA, it's a Ruger it will always go bang when you pull the trigger. That's the most important thing. You shoot it well, so go have some fun. I often use my p89 at IDPA matches, never had a malfunction.

The Ruger will compete in the ESP class of IDPA. The only disadvantage to shooting your Ruger would be the heavy first trigger pull. That's it.

Dave

Thanks

Thank you for all of the responses, I am going to give it a try. It seems like it will be a lot of fun.

It sure is fun, use your Ruger.... And THEN! get a Glock19, use Glock17 magazines for IDPA, easier Mag; changes... And no mag; pinch!

Trigger release on new Glocks, perfect!

"...will be a lot of fun..." Yep. All of the shooting games are fun. None are in the least bit practical though. In any case, go shoot, have fun and don't worry about placing.
You will meet some great people too. Most of 'em will bend over backwards to help you, including letting you try their pistols.
Shooters are just like that, for the most part. Rectal orifi are everywhere. My 870 barrel split when shooting plates, long ago. Fortunately, I noticed it before shooting the next string. Stopped, of course, but as I started to leave the line, a guy I barely knew handed me his shotgun and his ammo, with a, "Here, use this.".

Back