Can I ship a pistol FFL to FFL if i'm 20?

Eskimo

Title says it all.. i'm 20 years old in SC. For the record, in SC the law for owning a pistol is 18+, not 21+.

I know I can't RECEIVE one, but I'm wondering if I can sell my S&W and ship it.

Last edited by a moderator:
The FFA is Future Farmers of America. I don't think they get involved in firearms shipping.

FFL's are Federal Firearms Licensees. They can ship your firearm. Yes, you as a lawful owner of a handgun can sell that handgun to someone and use an FFL for the shipping. They buyer must be 21+ in order to receive your handgun from their FFL.

I will tell you, it will be hard to find an FFL that will take it from a -21 person, though, because they typically don't like to do things that are not specifically allowed by laws. In other words, there are no laws against what you want to do, but their are no laws or regulations that state that it is legal either.

You can also ship the handgun to the buyer's FFL yourself, IF the receiving FFL will receive private shipments, but it will be more expensive because you will have to use next day service with FEDEX or UPS.

NavyLT: I will tell you, it will be hard to find an FFL that will take it from a -21 person, though, because they typically don't like to do things that are not specifically allowed by laws. In other words, there are no laws against what you want to do, but their are no laws or regulations that state that it is legal either.

Huh?:D

Where is this list of laws that tell me what I CAN do?:rolleyes:

dogtown tom said:
Where is this list of laws that tell me what I CAN do?

It sure would make it easier to get FFLs to do things that they have an opinion not based on facts are illegal!

That which is not prohibited is allowed.

The problem is that BATFE can make an FFLs life hell, so they tend to err on the side of caution.

Back