Can I ship a piece internationally to have it repaired

misnomerga

Just wanted to see if anyone had any information on whether I can ship a piece to Germany to have it repaired there. I have a friend who has relatives in Germany and I wanted to ask them to run the piece by the gun shop that SauerFan referenced in one of his many informative links. Thanks for any info you can provide

While it might be "possible" it won't be easy AT ALL and it would be very expensive.

You'd be dealing with US and German and likely EU gun laws, and all kinds of international regulations, fees, taxes, and permits and shipping restrictions.
With all that, there's a good chance of the gun getting "temporarily" seized coming and going in each country until the paper work gets investigated to insure its all legal and properly filled out.

In any case, you personally can't ship it at all. It'd have to go through a dealer that has a FFL license, AND is legally set up to ship firearms internationally.

Best advice, forget it, and send the gun to the US repair facility. That costs enough as is.

It is a german relic piece.....

and there is a shop in Germany that deals with the piece. So far I have not been able to find someone in the states that is very interested in doing the smithy work.

Back