Can I Recondition a Lead Remover Cloth?

zippyfusenet

I have a lead remover cloth. I like how it cleans up my revolvers. The one I have is about completely full of lead. I'm a cheap barstool. Is there any practical way for me to recondition it? Or do I just throw it out and buy another?

I think you probably can. I don't think you will save money doing it.

The MSDS indicates it has a number of ingredients and I'm guessing that all of them need to be replenished to at least some extent after you somehow (safely) wash the accumulated lead out of the cloth.

If you don't want to buy another cloth, you can probably get by using a metal polish and paper towels. I don't know if that will be cheaper in the long run, but you might feel better about using something that's more obviously meant to be disposable.

I'm pretty sure they are a use and toss kind of product. You might be able to somehow clean it and re-apply the chemicals. But I'm guessing it would cost mote than buying a new one, and take a significant amount of time and effort to do.

Take a piece of Chore Boy copper scrubbing pad and wrap it around a bronze brush. Just make sure it's copper and not copper plated.

Back