• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

Can I pay money and get more message space?

Wow, I wish had thought to ask this question when I had this problem. I've been butting up against the limit and then deleting messages for a while now. I've even got emails saying I've missed messages because my box was full, and I never found out what those messages said. Thanks for upping the limit!

I get messages all the time. I resorted to replying with my email address included and informing them that I was deleting their message and my response in TFL messages, but saving it in email.
Decision fatigue is real, and explains all kinds of modern problems.

I've definitely deleted messages and later regretted it. There are several items I sent off to nice homes and wanted to check on them. The PMs related to the transactions were long ago deleted. Some old PMs with PBP concerning pistols I was thinking about buying. PMs with WA about 1895 Nagant revolvers. I could probably make quite a long list.

I wouldn't mind paying a small fee for a larger allotment or space to host firearms photos.

You can also archive messages by saving them to your computer as text files. They're not as convenient to access that way, but if you want to keep information that you consider important, it's a useful option.

Select the messages you wish to archive by clicking on the associated box on the far right of the listing, use the pulldown in the "Selected Messages" box at the lower right of the screen to pick "Download as Text" and then click on the "Go" button.

All the selected messages will be downloaded into a text file.

Back