can I own these in MA?

I am looking to get my class A license soon here in MA and was wondering if the weapons I am looking to purchase would be legal here.

SKS-D (semi auto with 30 round mag)

SKS

AK-47 (Fully Auto with 30 round mag)

AK-74 (Fully Auto with 30 round mag)

M4 (Full auto and semi with 30 round mag)

Yes it is possible but not with a Class A alone, but if it was my choice I would not put a pea shooter in your hand. If I lived in your town I would do everything in my power to make sure you did not get your gun license. Why you ask? Well for one your name is Gas Operate Lunatic. My second reason is your interest in guns is strictly in fully automatic weapons. I carry a 5 shot snubnose revolver for self defense, why the heck do you need a bunch of fully automatic rifles as a civilian? My 3rd reason, well you signed up on a gun forum just to ask if its possible to get your hands on a bunch of full auto rifles. To me you sound like the next son of sam.

In therory yes,

To quote from the IRA ILA site:MA
MACHINE GUNS
A machine gun “is a weapon of any description . . . from which a number of shots or bullets may be rapidly or automati- cally discharged by one continuous activation of the trigger, and includes a submachine gun.”
It is unlawful to possess a machine gun without a license. Application is made to the local licensing authority or colonel of state police who, in his discretion, may issue a license to any applicant who is a firearm instructor certified by the criminal justice training council for instructing police personnel or is a bona fide collector of firearms.

In practice I'm sure it is really hard to get the license.

To me you sound like the next son of sam.

FYI, Son of Sam used a 5-shot revolver, not a full auto firearm.

Please do not attack new members on the types of firearms they are interested in.

Last edited:
I doubt the original poster will give the ATF or the MA state police his

firingline account name... at least I hope not.

I really can't help much with the OP question because I don't have a clue what a class A license is.

I would suggest that instead of looking at getting some type of license to own full auto they look at getting one to manufacture full auto. I know that sounds strange but my understanding is it cost very little if no more to get one of those and you can build / modify your own as well as own full autos built later than 1986.

Yes it is possible but not with a Class A alone, but if it was my choice I would not put a pea shooter in your hand. If I lived in your town I would do everything in my power to make sure you did not get your gun license. Why you ask? Well for one your name is Gas Operate Lunatic. My second reason is your interest in guns is strictly in fully automatic weapons. I carry a 5 shot snubnose revolver for self defense, why the heck do you need a bunch of fully automatic rifles as a civilian? My 3rd reason, well you signed up on a gun forum just to ask if its possible to get your hands on a bunch of full auto rifles. To me you sound like the next son of sam.

Holy smokes, batman!
Where do I start?
1) Good thing it's NOT "your choice"
2) Need? What does "need" have to do with an enumerated right?
3) I thought the purpose of online gun forums was to ask gun-related questions of a relatively educated membership.

Get a clue cool_hand.

p

Being from Mass, here is what I have found:

Fully auto is possible, but the firearm must have been in Mass prior to the State Assault Weapons Ban and you need to get the Chief of Police to approve you for your Class A license first and from what I gathered in and around gun clubs, they do not issue/approve full auto easily/at all.

Some cities or towns will not issue a Class A (High Capacity 10+ rounds) at all either - the law is written as 'Chief Discretion'.

On to the 30rd mags - ANY AND ALL MAGS greater than 10 rounds MUST have been in state or manufactured prior to the State AWB - no exceptions.

Hope this helps.

SKS-D (semi auto with 30 round mag)

SKS

AK-47 (Fully Auto with 30 round mag)

AK-74 (Fully Auto with 30 round mag)

M4 (Full auto and semi with 30 round mag)

At a federal level your going to need have to buy Pre-86 NFA items so that makes the price about 30K if you leave of the AK-74 because they are rare as hens teeth. The other option is to become a NFA manufacturer or dealer.

Back