Can I get a 7.62x25 Tokarev barrel made for a 9mm pistol

Oleg Volk

Staff Alumnus
I have been toying with the idea of byuing a Tokarev TT33 or Type54...but now I am thinking, why not get an extra barrel for a Glock or a Beretta 92 or some other pistol I already have? Would 7.62 Tok fit normal 9mm magazines (seems to work the other way around). Would that idea work and, if it would, who makes such barrels?

In a quick check, I can't find any 9mm Parabellum (9 x19) magazine that will accept the 7.62 x 25 except, of course, the TT-33 and variations converted from that caliber to 9mm in the first place. If you want a hot .30, try the 7.65mm Parabellum (.30 Luger), which is the same length as 9 x 19. Barrels in that caliber are available for a number of guns and can be ordered through their distributors. They are made for use in countries that ban 9mm for civilian use.

Jim

You can buy a CZ 52 in 762x25 cheaper then you can get a barrel I would think.The other advantage is the 52 will handle very hot rounds.Most of the 9mm pistols I think I would be afraid to shoot with the warmer ammo that out there surplus.
I have a CZ 52 and total cost with 2 extra mags and tax was 162.00.I did a trigger job on it and it shoots very well.

Back