Can anyone recommend sources of 30-06 preloaded on Garand en blocks?

Mine is not CMP. I have about ten clips right now. Hope to get at least thirty more...not sure how fast they wear out/get damaged, maybe a hundred is more like it?

I've gotten quite a few clips from Shotgun News and gun shows. Plus ran into a gun shop in Cody Wyoming who had some kewl M1 stuff, got some more clips from him and a couple of other things.

All you need to do is download the ammo form from their web page and send in the docummentation. They also have a on line order form. While with shipping it's a tad expensive for what your getting it's worth it, at least to me :) http://www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/ammo.htm

If you find a local club that holds CMP matches, you can buy the ammo from them at the match. Some clubs with large stocks of the ammo will sell an ammo box full(280rds), one to a shooter. This stuff comes in bandoliers of 6 clips each. Watch out for LC72 - there's a story going around that some of it was loaded with a ball powder that's slow enough to cause high port pressures in M1 rifles, which can cause bent op rods. Don't confuse this with M72 Match ammo; M72 is good stuff.

CR,
The Gun Parts Corporation (GPC)formerly known as Numrich arms, will sell you a barrel of the old En Bloc clips for less than .50 cent apiece, if bought in volume. Also, there are always companies that will sell you lots of ammo that are still loaded in the clips coming from Greece of some other place out over there(Europe). My personal criteria is to always get Boxer primed and non-corrosive. Hasn't gotten me into trouble yet!

Back