Can anyone identify this gun stock?

I have had this in the cabinet for a long time and I am really not sure what it fits. It looks like a Remington rolling block but I think the screw placement on the fore grip is different I am stumped

[/URL]

[/URL]

The high comb to compensate for tang drop sure LOOKS like a Rolling Block stock.

I don't know how standard the foreend screw placement is.

Thanks Jim Watson

the octagon barrel is kind of a giveaway but I am having a hard time finding a gun with a similar stock for comparison

Dimensions count, hard to tell otherwise. It looks like a Stevens 44 stock, it looks like a Remington model 4 stock, it looks like a Stevens Crackshot stock, the list goes on.

the octagon barrel diameter is 1-1/8 inch diameter ( pretty big ) the foregrip is 11" overall. the butt-stock is 12" in length, the lower tang is just over 3-1/4" and the upper tang is about the same. it looks like it's from a large caliber rifle. the fore grip mounting screw is almost center at 5-1/2" the butt pad measures 5-1/4" X 1-3/4" I hope that helps

I replied elsewhere that it looks like a stock for a Pedersoli rolling block as sold by Dixie Gun Works (and others).

Jim

Back